Chelsea Kidwell, M.Ed.
Animal Science Academic Advisor
CAFES Advising Center - Bldg. 74M - A
*Email communication is strongly suggested. Current students should email from their Cal Poly email and include their EMPL ID.
Chelsea received her Masters in Education, Counseling, & Guidance for Higher Education and Student Affairs at Cal Poly in 2014. She has worked in departments across campus including the International Center, Career Services, and the Orfalea College of Business Student Services Office. In 2022, she was hired as the first non-faculty advisor to assist Animal Science and Dairy Science students in the CAFES Advising Center.
Chelsea meets with ASCI & DSCI students starting their second year, and transfer students starting their first year. Drop-in advising is available with Animal Science Peer Advisors for quick questions throughout the week, but Academic Advising appointments can be scheduled to discuss more in depth topics such as course planning, sensitive topics/personal support, and registration challenges. Chelsea has 30- and 45-minute appointment options (Monday – Friday). To create a graduation plan, 45-minute appointments are recommended.
Academic Advising Appointment Examples:
- Degree planning & creating an individual graduation plan
- Navigating university policies, forms, & processes
- Understanding Degree Progress and transfer credit
- Registration tools, questions, troubleshooting
- Academic support, Academic Probation/Disqualification, SAP Appeals
- Processing course substitutions/ Questions about missing credit
- Change of major questions
- Adding a minor
- Personal support & connecting with resources on campus
To schedule an appointment, contact email@example.com
“Working with Cal Poly students has been the highlight of my professional career. I'm passionate about helping students explore different paths that combine their unique interests, values, and strengths, and find it deeply rewarding to help students identify academic and career paths that will meet their overarching goals through design thinking.” - Chelsea